Thursday, March 13, 2008

3/13/08

Well, yesterday I was ready to head for home. I think I got a bit of food poisoning, and my shoulders have been really hurting. But this morning I felt better, and went for a massage, and then when we got onto the road again, I think I can squeeze out a few more days. Although I am starting to get homesick, and ready for my own bed, and ready to get back to torching.

Tonight we're at a nice quiet campground, Lake Harmony RV Park, by Townsend, Georgia (and for reference for next year, ask for site #10). I think if we come back here next year, we'll try to get a week or two here. It has cable and decent wifi, so life is good... And if we have a car, I can run up to Savannah and look at houses and cemeteries.

I finally figured out how to get the video off the camera and uploaded. I'm glad that I had David do the video while I tried to catch a couple of photos, because my still photos didn't turn out. If we ever have the chance to view a launch again, I'm jumping at it. It is just such a neat experience. It was amazing how long it took for the sound to get to us. The clip is a minute long, and the sound still hadn't reached us. It took about 1 1/2 minutes, and then the rumble came and got louder and louder. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment