Sunday, June 06, 2010

What a gorgeous summer day! Had some rain, but there was warm sun and a cool NW wind, and very few bugs. Just lovely. I’ve been trying to get all of my plants in the ground. The problem is, I keep buying more! My sister and I were at Walmart and Linders yesterday, and found some really good deals. I do have most of them planted, but I really need more pots!

I went down and picked up the RV yesterday. I’ve been kind of wishy washy about going on this trip, mostly because of getting everything ready, and the thought of how neglected my flower gardens are going to be. But driving the RV has gotten my feet to itching. I’m ready to find some roads that I haven’t been on yet. I think we’ll be heading to Glacier National Park. I haven’t been there since the 70s. I worked out in Yellowstone for a couple of summers while I was in college, and one summer a friend and I caught a ride with another friend who was going up there, and we hitchhiked back. Yup, the same summer there was a serial killer picking up hitchhikers. But that’s how a lot of us got around back then. After Glacier, we’ll head to the coast, and enjoy the redwoods and the oceans. I just love walking the beaches, it’s just so peaceful.

Anyway, back to my toy. It was running too hot for my comfort bringing it home from the garage. The last time we went out West, it was overheating, and we stopped at a place who told us the radiator needed to be replaced ($800). It ended with him pulling the oil cooler off and spraying all of the dead bugs off of the radiator, and that worked. But just to be safe, the boys pulled the radiator out and Mark is taking it to get it recored.

I bought an apartment size washing machine (it’s just so cute and tiny!) for the RV; I’ll put it in the shower and in the mornings before we start the day, I’ll do a load and hang clothes up in the BR, and open the windows. That will dry everything out very nicely, it gets pretty windy back there while driving. Not only will this save on time and money spent at the laundromats, but I won’t have to pack nearly as much clothes. On previous trips I was packing clothes for 3 weeks, and for 3-4 people, that’s a lot of clothes.

I still need to vacuum and shampoo the carpets in the RV. I would love to have the boys pull all of that carpet up and put down sheet linoleum. It would be so much easier to keep clean. I HATE carpeting. We don’t have any at all in the house, just small rugs that can be thrown in the washing machine. Much easier to keep the floor clean, with cats and dogs tracking in dirt, and the inevitable throw-up.

Well, Lukas is requesting a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, so it’s off to the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment