Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Another lovely day, walked the beach and just enjoyed the sun, even though it was cold and windy.

How do I put feelings into words, the way the ocean makes me feel? Peace... sustaining... healing... awe... filling... exhilarating...

I sprinkled some of David's ashes there. We went through here 13 years ago, and it was on that trip that I saw the ocean for the first time, and fell in love with it. David didn't enjoy the western coast all that much, but I did. After the resurrection, I'm going to have a gypsy's wagon, and travel these roads, every single one of them.

Tomorrow we'll head on up the coast, and then head inland to Mt. St. Helen's and Mt. Rainier. Scottie wants to go back to the mountain where we drove through the clouds, which was Mt. Rainier, 5 years ago.

Photos, the ocean, which pictures just cannot come close to the reality
A sea lion, laying on his back and soaking up the sun
One of Oregon's lighthouses
We stopped at the beach at low tide, so the tidal pools were accessible. It was neat seeing starfish and sea urchins.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

your photos make me feel homesick and I live in Oregon! I just haven't been to the coast in so long!

Post a Comment