Sunday, July 22, 2012

Do you like yogurt? Greek yogurt?

This time of the year I eat a lot more yogurt than I do in the winter, I like mixing it with a little agave juice and lots of fresh fruit. But I like making my own yogurt, either with a bit of store bought yogurt or with a yogurt starter, in my 1 quart size Salton yogurt maker.

H-SALTON-YM9-2012-07-22-13-00.jpeg

Unfortunately, they’re stopped making the quart size, but others do, they’re just more expensive.

Then after it’s done and cooled overnight in the refrigerator, I spoon it into my Cuisipro Donvier Yogurt Cheese Maker ($18 on Amazon).

CuisiproDonvierYogurtCheeseMaker-2012-07-22-13-00.jpeg

The longer you leave it in the strainer, the thicker it gets. I’ve got a batch I’m going to mix with minced garlic and chopped chives, and maybe a little basil, to spread on crackers. Yummmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment