Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Meanderings

Friday, October 06, 2006

My first post

It's fall, and I'm in need of a new direction, incentive, energy, creativity, whatever you want to call it, so I'm jumping into blogging.

I was born and raised in the Midwest, and have always been involved with some kind of art or craft. I enjoy learning new things and exploring new arts, from needlework and quilting to pottery, painting and photography. My mother complained once that I was Jack of all trades and master of none. Right now I'm concentrating on just pen and ink, and lampworking (melting glass on a propane torch to make beads).

I'm trying ACEOs (Artists Cards, Editions and Originals, size 2 1/2x 3 1/2) to try to cut my drawing time from 3 months to a few days. I have so many ideas and not enough time or energy to put them all to paper! Right now I'm working on an elephant I took pics of at the Renaissance Festival in Shakopee. I wish I had taken a lot more pictures of the characters there. It would have been fun to try some drawings or watercolors of them.

But anyway, I've put about three hours into it so far, and am about 1/3 done with it. All those DAMN DOTS!! :) Hopefully, I will get it done this weekend, but it's doubtful. My nephews are supposed to come up this weekend and work on my studio, and I have to get busy and finish my half-done cabinet so I can get it down on the floor so I can pile more stuff on it! I wanted a new direction; boy, have I got it in this studio. Making cabinets, learning how to router lap joints, learning how to use my new miter saw (I have to have my nephew take a look at it & teach my how to use it. The manual doesn't have any pictures!), and come up with a design for the countertops that includes tile and stained glass. My studio is going to look so-o-o-o-o-o nice when/if it ever gets done.

Maybe I'll get the drawing finished up tonight, although I have to get busy on my beads. I'm participating in a trunk show at the Bead Bag in Elk River next weekend, and I have to get a couple of hundred beads sorted and priced. Oh, my!

No comments:

Post a Comment