Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Well, I'm back home. It was just a rotten day. I and my sister went down to Albert Lea for my aunt's funeral. I haven't seen my other aunt or uncle for about 4 years, not since we moved my mom up to live with us. About a couple of years ago I had to move my mom to a nursing home because her dementia and other health problems (plus trying to take care of my handicapped son, who has now gone through 6 operations to keep him out of a wheelchair). (I'm NOT looking for sympathy. I felt grateful that I was able to do what I did. I regret greatly that I couldn't do more.) But anyway, my aunt is my mother's younger sister, and they look so much alike. I just broke down bawling (and now I'm doing it again!) on her shoulder and told her she looked so much like mom, and that I miss mom so much. For heavens sake, I'm 50+ years old, and crying on my aunt's shoulder like a little kid.

Anyway, enough of that.

I finished the Chickamauga, Georgia drawing. I have to get it posted on my website, along with the other 4 or 5 drawings I've done since I last updated it. I started an another ACEO, a leopard cub. No more leaves for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment