Sunday, December 17, 2006

12/17/06

I want to be home. I want to be home. I want to be home.

I'm in Rochester waiting for an update on my brother Bob's surgery. My brother Bill called me last night from Rogers to tell me that Bob was scheduled for a heart transplant at 10:00, and he (Bill) had just gotten in from Nebraska and had no way to get to Rochester. I called my sister Elaine and we decided that I would pick Bill up, go to Mpls. and pick Elaine up and then go to Rochester. About 10 miles from Rochester Bill got a call that they rescheduled the surgery at 5:30 a.m. They wanted to keep the donar body intact until they could find recipients for the other organs.

When we got to the hospital, Bob was awake. He's lost so much weight in the last few months. He's been through so much in the past few years.

It's about 12:40 pm right now. Last we heard was about 9 am; they were hooking him up to the heart lung bypass machine. So it's wait and try to stay awake until a recliner or couch is unoccupied. I tried taking a nap in the van this morning after he went into surgury, but it was a bit chilly. This is a day that I will be glad to see the last of.

No comments:

Post a Comment