Wednesday, August 01, 2007

8/1/07

I was hoping to get my blog updated with photos, but the campsite's wifi doesn't work with Macs. Would have been nice to be told that when I asked for a site close to the wifi antenna...
So I'm trying to upload photos via my cell phone Internet connection, which is slow.

Today we started out at Neah Bay, a small fishing village in the NW corner of Washington, on the Makah Indian reservation. Last night we drove up to Cape Flattery, the farthest North and West you can go on the continental U.S. By the time we got there, it was too late to walk the trail to the beach, though. But the drive was pretty neat, on a (sometimes) 2 lane road winding up and down and around, with trees overhanging the road.

This morning when I got up, the air was so cool and fresh. I walked down to the beach in Neah Bay and watched bald eagles and listened to sea lions. What a wonderful memory.

We heard late this afternoon about the bridge collapse in the Cities. What a horrible, horrible thing to happen. I've been on that bridge! That happening is one of my biggest fears, and to think that that's why I wouldn't drive over the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. And here it happens in Minneapolis!! I pray that these horrible things will soon come to an end, and we can all live in peace and security and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment