Friday, February 15, 2008

2/15/08

Well, the RV sits out in the driveway, just waiting for us to get the snowblower out and clear out a space on the lawn so we can get it hooked up to electric and get the furnace going. Right now it -3°, but at least there's no wind. I am really looking forward to getting out of here, but I'm going to miss my ferrets, especially Fang. She has really grown on me. When she's ready to settle down, she likes to cuddle up on my chest and conk out. She is SOOOOO cute!

I got the new Glassline magazine yesterday and started reading it while on the bike this morning. There's an article about keeping a daily sketchbook, which I'm going to try to take to heart. It's a really good idea, not only for improving drawing skills, but for keeping track of my color combinations on my beads. I have so many different colors now, around 200. And then when you get into the striking or reduction colors, it's difficult to tell which is which on a bead that was done weeks or months ago. So there's my New Year's Resolution. Keep a drawing and bead diary. And I'm going to have to do it as soon as I put the bead in the kiln, because here are 2 beads I made last night, and all I remember is the pinkish-beige one is moccasin. All the other colors I've already forgotten. It's the pits getting old...

No comments:

Post a Comment