Saturday, August 08, 2009

8/8/09

Jeepers, I can't keep up with Wacky! She's added 5 more people to her blog since my last post about her, and she's going after victims willy nilly now.

Heidi of Jamn Glass, Sue of SueBeads, Judith of Icarus Beads, Lynn of LaffingGull, and Kandice of Air & Earth Designs, all very talented beadmakers.

Wacky is taking up WAYYYY too much of my time! I just yesterday cleaned up my last batch of beads, and to be honest, there weren't all that many that screamed 'oh, neat!!' at me. But here's one that I kind of like, with the striations and the metallic copper layer under it. Monday when I get back to the torch, I have got to try this color combination again.
I've been working with a nice blue glass that never turns out the same. All three of the following beads are from the same blue glass, but it can change depending on how much propane in relationship to oxygen it gets, how long it's in the flame, how much I let it cool and reheat, do you get the picture? There's no way of getting the same results even in all 4 bubbles of a single bead. If it gets reduced too much it turns a yucky grey brown instead of the blue, and if it's not reduced enough those lovely patterns don't develop. It can get frustrating, but when it turns out good, it's really neat.


The boys are re-tiling my entry way. We adopted Lukas' dog, Squeak, from a dog shelter in Texas, and she never was housetrained. I'll put the little stinker out on the line when I let the others out, and when I bring them back in, 5 minutes later there's a little present in the entry way. So they're putting in 20" tiles with very thin grout lines to make it easier to keep clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment