Saturday, October 30, 2010

One step forward, two steps back...

Christian and I fixed our toilet seat!! Background, we have a wash and dry toilet seat for Lukas, since he needs help with toileting. Well, last week the toilet was leaking, so we shut off the water until a friend could come over and look at it. The bolts holding the tank onto the toilet had eroded, so he replaced them. Well, the toilet seat wasn’t functioning right. It wasn’t heating the water that sprays up to clean, and after 10-15 seconds, the seat would beep and the water would quit spraying. So I called the company that makes them, and since it was still under warranty, he said we could ship it back, or we could try to take it apart and checking to see if the thermostat had been tripped because of the lack of water in the tank.

I was hoping my nephews would come up this weekend and do it, but Mark had to work. So today I got the screwdriver and tackled it. It took a while to figure out how to get it apart, and then Christian and I just looked at all of the little gadgets and wires inside there. We couldn’t figure out which one was the thermostat, so we just pushed everything that looked like a button, and finally found it. Got it put back together and tested it, and it works!! Yippee!!

That was the one step forward. Now for the 2 back...

My computer has been really slow opening and saving files, and I suspected that it was one of my internal drives. So I got a newer, faster one and yesterday Christian put it in. So last night I got to install a new system. Well, of course, all of my programs and prefs needed to be reinstalled and replaced. So I figured I’d try using SuperDuper to clone a copy and installed it on the new drive. I still have to put back in all of my serial numbers, and now my Photoshop isn’t working. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it twice, but it still won’t work. So I’m biting the bullet and buying and downloading the upgrade. And it is soooooooooooooooooo slow! It’s got an hour and 36 minutes left. Information superhighway!?! More like a gravel path meandering through the back 40.

I got the last of my bulbs dug up. About time, considering Monday will be November 1. November... hmmmmmm... only another 8 weeks until the days start getting longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment