Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Another complaint about Windstream Communications,
Internet still down, 6:50 a.m. Called, their message still says it will be back up by May 17, 5:02 a.m. Got transferred to someone else. He tried to get through to their engineers and was unable, so he said he would call back when he was able to get some information from them.

Called at 7:30, this guy said that there were repair guys working in the area, and it should be done within the hour.

Called 8:40, tried broadband tech support 866-866-8786 opt 4, voice message says it’s for dsl technicians and please don’t give it to customers :) put on hold for a ‘network analyst.’ She asked what state I was in and put me on hold. 8:54 got disconnected. Called again. While I was on hold (9:03) Internet came back on.

I seriously doubt it will do any good, but I’ve written up letters to both of our senators, our governor and the attorney general. I’m not the only one having to deal with this poor excuse of a communications company.

Oh, and I ran their speedtest this morning, 1.5mbps. A far cry from the 6mbps that we’re paying for.

No comments:

Post a Comment